Delightful Sokyo dishes from Left to Right
1) Jumbo King Prawn - Scorched onion, flat white dashi
2) Cuttlefish - Chilli de arbol, tarragon ponzu sauce
3) Tsukune Chicken - Shallots, pineapple ginger sauce
4) Kurobuta Pork Belly - Spicy shirodashi, yuzu kosho
5) Sashimi Platter - 24 pieces of mixed traditional sashimi
1) Spicy Tuna Crispy Rice - Crispy nigiri, truffle salt, spicy mayo
2) Kingfish Furikake - Sokyo furikake, citrus paste, tosazu3) Salmon Belly Aburi - Spicy daikon oroshi
1) Donatsu - Pineapple mascarpone filling, crème fraiche ice cream
2) Goma Street - Caramelised white chocolate, sesame ice cream
3) Sokyo “Mochi Ice Cream” - Yatsuhashi kyoto mochi, frozen strawberry milk shake
Large Picture at the end :
Hokkaido Scallop Yuzu Honey
A large space with an abundance of patrons, we were amazingly shrouded away from the public by these large Rope veils. Although not enclosed, there was a sense of privacy. Between eight of us, the restaurant offered up sufficiently gorgeous platters of decadent and vibrant Japanese flavours and we managed to try a fair few things on the menu.
I am not hesitating if there is another opportunity to visit again sometime.